Pre-registration is required.
Classes with fewer than 5 students enrolled will be rescheduled.
Refund Policy: A cancellation request received 5 or more business days prior to scheduled class is eligible for a refund minus a 5% administrative fee.
Cancellations made less than 5 business days prior to the course are subject to a $15.00 cancellation fee.
Students who are a “No Show” to the course are not eligible for a refund.
Heartsaver First Aid Course Overview
Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g. OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- List the priorities, roles, and responsibilities of the first aid rescuer
- Describe the key steps in first aid
- Remove protective gloves
- Find the problem
- Describe the assessment and first aid actions for the following life-threatening conditions: heart attack, difficulty breathing, choking, severe bleeding, shock, and stroke
- Use an epinephrine pen
- Control bleeding and bandaging
- Recognize elements of common injuries
- Recognize elements of common illnesses
- Describe how to find information on preventing illness and injury
- Recognize the legal questions that apply to first aid rescuers
Blended Learning Format
This course is offered for initial or renewal training, and has the same completion requirements that the classroom based equivalent courses do. Blended learning include access to the related E-textbook in the price of the course. Students who successfully complete Part 1 receive a certificate that allows them entrance into a skills practice and testing session. You must bring your certificate of completion of Part 1 to your skills session in order to receive your certification card. The online component of the course is only the first step in obtaining your First Aid certification.
Register at https://shopcpr.heart.org/heartsaver-first-aid-online and Complete the HeartCode First Aid for $15.00.
First Aid Skills Session
First Aid Skills Session $50 – Call EMSTAR 607-732-2354 or email to schedule.
- Hands-On Session with an AHA Instructor.
- This session focuses on skills practice, debriefing and skills testing.
- You must complete online First Aid Heartcode Part 1 portion before attending
- Approximately 30 minutes to complete, including skills practice and skills testing.
- Practice-While-Watching Video Format Length: 30 minutes
- *Based on a 1:1 Student/ Manikin Ratio